cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract

Emz1979
Joining in

Hi and thank you in advance for your replies.

I recently arranged to upgrade my sim only deal to a new phone with cash back and trade in of my old device.

This I thought was going to be an easy process, however fast forward  and I recieve a message from yodel stating my order will be delivered (to my old address) having noticed this I quickly ring virgin to make them aware and ask how this happened as they have my current address and credit check me with my current address. I was told this was a mistake on their part, the order will be cancelled and I need to place a new order. After complaining about 2 credit checks in as many days, I was told that a manager would be able to clear the first one from my file and I would recieve compensation for my issues so I went ahead with another order. After a long phone call I then come off the phone to then recieve a call from yodel  the following day to say they are trying to deliver my device can I come and accept. I said where are you as I am in? To which they say my old address. I informed them that I do not live there and the order should have been cancelled as I was told by vm. So they said are you refusing delivery to which I responded "of course" I then ring virgin who were very unhappy helpful stating that I now have an active loan for that phone and it wouldn't be removed until the phone is returned to them and can take upto 2 weeks. Which I was not happy about. I also asked about my new order and was told this was parked as they needed to verify my new address. I did this over the phone and a few hours later I recieve compensation that my new phone will be delivered to my new address however I noticed thar the contract was now in the other number I hold. So again I ring back to be told that I agreed to the new phone to be taken out in the other number as I said I want the phone immediately. I told them this conversation never happened and that the only conversation involving the other phone was when the lady offered to adapt that sim only deal and add the same amount of data to that again for my inconvenience.  I told them they had committed fraud as now I have a loan attached to my other phone so I cannot now cancel with them. I told them I'm not prepared to have another credit check on my file to re order the phone a third time and to just change the number over to what I agreed in the first place. I was told this would be escalated to a manager. I finally speak to a manager after they did not call me so I called back. To be told basically they do not offer compensation and they can not change the number over as the contract is set up to that number. So I now have 2 active loans on.my account. I have asked them to listen to every call made between 20th and 24th and come back to me with a solution on how this shocking blunder and terrible customer service happened and was told that I should recieve a call on Tuesday following the bank holiday. I don't hold out much hope and I will be ringing them back if I don't recieve a call by 2pm. They told me they do not offer compensation but reading some of the threads on here I believe that is a lie. Any advice please.

7 REPLIES 7

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Emz1979

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am very sorry to hear about the experience you have had with the new contract.

I have taken a look at things from our side and can see the complaint has now been escalated to our executive team.

They are the correct escalation team to deal with loan agreement complaints.

I will reach out to your case handler to let them know you have contacted us here also. 

They are not in the office today to set expectations, it will likely be tomorrow you ae contacted. 

They will be in touch to discuss a resolution with you. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you for your reply.

I won't hold out much hope of contact.

Can I also add that I on numerous occasions asked how to go about the trade in and cash back which none of your advisers could help with, I kept on getting different things to do, none worked. In the end I was told I would recieve £100 refund to my account within 5 working days and to trade my phone in online. I have requested the trade in on line and am awaiting the bag but still no refund has hit my account surprise surprise.

Absolutely shocking customer service for a customer of over 20 years.

Hi Emz1979, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

If you've not hear anything back by Friday then we can chase the team for you regarding the complaint. 

In terms of the Trade in, you can view all there is to know about it here

It's worth noting that no payout would be given until we've received the device and it's been checked over. 

Let us know if you have any further queries or questions. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'm aware of the trade in, and the fact that the phone has to be recieved before pay out. But the cash back of £100 is separate. I upgraded with cash back of £100 in addition to the trade in value of my phone.

Thank you

Hi Emz1979, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the trade in/cashback and we would not be able to see this only the trade in agents can. 

I would ask that you contact them directly here.

Please let us know how it goes?

Chris

It's not really surprising, I have now recieved an email asking where my old device is? How can I send it back when you haven't sent the bag for me to return it. Also now I've been told another different story in relation to the cash back, this is getting ridiculous, I'm seriously thinking of forgetting the lot and returning the new device and leaving virgin for good, waste of space.

Also no call back from the manager as yet which I expected

Hi Emz1979. 

Can you use the chat function on the link which has been provided as they will have direct access to the information required. 

We not Virgin Mobile will have access to the trade in systems and would be best to contact them directly. 

Chris