Menu
Catherine-22
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Contract end notification

Hi is it normal to still have to give 1 months notice to cancel your sim only contact when you’ve come to the end of your 12 month initial contract?

I rang up today to cancel as my contract ends on 11/01/19, I was told I will have to wait 1 more month for it to end! What makes this worse is I moved house last July and can’t get any signal what so ever in my village, no service no 3G or 4G. I rang numerous times in July to try to get some advise on cancelling my contract, they couldn’t even find my new Postcode! So I gave up relief on my home WiFi and waited until the end of my contract. I’ve had no txt messages or emails from virgin to inform me that it was a month until the end of my contract either. Why is customer service so hard to get a simple and straight forward answer? I just want out now.

can anyone please help??

Thank you

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract end notification

Yes, 30 days notice is still required for end your Pay Monthly plan
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract end notification

Hi Catherine-22, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry there's been some confusion regarding cancelling your account, I can appreciate this has caused you some upset. 

When you come to the end of your contract it won't automatically end, we do require 30 days notice or the end contract will continue on a rolling basis. 

Once you've given your notice we'll process the change to PAYG and create your final bill. You can also request your PAC if you wish to take your number to another provider. 

I hope this helps and we'll be sad to see you go. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos