Menu
b0redofthis
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Contract converts to PAYG if PAC not used?

Hi all,

I have two mobile numbers on my account, one is mine, the other is my wife's. She is wanting to leave Virgin as the signal received at her (elderly) Mum's house in Edinburgh is really poor, it continually drops out.

I spoke to one of the Virgin Mobile team earlier to request her PAC and was advised that if the PAC was requested but not used within 30 days, her current SIM would convert to a PAYG and the phone would be unusable until it was topped up.

Is this a standard practice? I've never come across this in almost 20 years of owning a mobile and various network swaps in that time.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Contract converts to PAYG if PAC not used?

Just asking for a PAC shouldn't change your plan:
https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

To get your PAC, give our team a call on 789 from your Virgin mobile phone, or 0345 6000 789 ° from any other phone.

A PAC lasts for 30 days. If you don’t give your PAC to another provider within 30 days, you’ll stay with Virgin Mobile (and will continue to be charged as usual), and you’ll need to ask us for a new PAC in order to move your number to another UK mobile provider.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

All the Virgin contract plans turn into a PAYG SIM if you leave - unless you use the PAC code which will render the SIM useless because it will have no number on it afterwards.

When you request a PAC code, you have 30days to use it - if you leave it longer, you have to request again. Same with all networks.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Requesting a PAC and cancelling are two different things. You can ask for a PAC without also giving your cancellation notice.

Only if you ask for a PAC AND say you're leaving either way would your account change 30 days later.

Otherwise a request from another network via the PAC triggers the 30 days cancellation notice.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
b0redofthis
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben,

Your reply is exactly how I thought it was, and I'd checked that link you posted before calling the team - it would appear they work to their own rules in that case! Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos