cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous international “welcome” messages

GordyKat38
Tuning in

Since I arrived at my holiday destination 3 days ago I’ve been receiving a constant stream of “welcome to USA” or “welcome to Jamaica” texts.  To date I’ve received around 100 and they’re still arriving. Roaming is turned off and I use only hotel WiFi.  How do I stop these messages ? 

3 REPLIES 3

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GordyKat38, 

Thanks for your post. We are very sorry to hear you've been receiving many 'welcome' texts, I can appreciate this be quite frustrating.

This usually happens when you're located on the border of a country and area boundary of where our 'welcome' text messages are configured. I'm afraid that there is no way we can stop these texts, unfortunately.

Depending on the make and model of your mobile handset, you should be able to silence these specific texts to stop the notifications from popping up from VirginMedia.

If you need further help with silencing these texts, let us know.

Beth

Hi Beth. Thanks for the response. It’s quite disappointing that I have to accept this but I appreciate the explanation, 

Hi @GordyKat38,

I do apologise that we're unable to offer any further assistance with this matter. Please do let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!