cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact numbers change format

DaveWillis1
Tuning in

My i phone keeps chaging the format of the contact numbers as if it is in a foreign country

various fixes are only temporary

changing roaming settings to national stopped it happening but when I travelled to Spain phone didn’t work

repeated calls to virgin give no help

i contacted apple support who say they can find nothing wrong with phone

if virgin continue to stick their heads in the sand i will have no option than to go to another network

terrible customer service

25 REPLIES 25

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DaveWillis1 wrote:

My wife has a virgin mobile sim for years which had no problem. They just sent her a new sim last week and now her phone is giving the same problem. Get your act together virgin. It is your sim cards causing this problem. Why do ypu keep denying it

As a Virtual Network with their own core system Virgin do not have access to their own roaming and must use a proxy network; that network is in Belgium. For that reason a system was put in place for roaming settings which should change automatically. Android, Harmony and Microsoft Windows have no problem with this and work fine. The problem lies in the fact that iOS seems to have difficulty in reading the automatic settings and sometimes thinks it is abroad when at home and vice versa, this is why changing the settings manually is sometimes  necessary.

There is little Virgin can do about their cards and Apple certainly won't make slight tweeks to their operating system.

In the long term the amalgamation of Virgin and O2 will end the problem when all SIM cards are then UK based operating on O2.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

If that is the case will virgin replace all the problematic sim cards with O2 ones as soon as possible. I think not  why on earth would they choose Belgian sim cards to use in uk

i have moved my account to ID mobile and have no such problems

My wife’s phone was fine until they sent new sim. Now she is stuck with this problem

it just proves to me what Virgin think of their customers. I have my home broadband tv and land line with Virgin but unless they sort this out. I will move the lot

In addition to this since I left Virgin mobile and ported my number. My wife still on Virgin mobile cannot ring my number. I found  a friend also on Virgin and asked them and they can not call my number

is this normal when you leave a network for them to block your number like this?

Sorry to hear the issue persists @DaveWillis1.

Just to clarify, when you switch the phone to National when in the UK, does the issue persist? If not, we would advise you to leave the setting to National when in the UK and then International when abroad. 

Also in regards to your ported number, barring your number if not something we would do. Just to confirm, have you confirmed your mobile setting with your new mobile provider to see what the issue may be? 

Thanks 

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have raised the issue with my new supplier who sent me a new sim just to make sure

I can receive calls from mist other networks and land line. I can call all other numbers ok

I can’t receive calls fron virgin mobiles

what do you mean confirm settings

Clear to me problem must be virgin network

Just to confirm, have you checked your mobile network settings with your current provider to see where the issue may lay? As barring a ported number is not something we would do. Once the number is ported out, your new provider is responsible for all service issues regarding the line.

Please do let us know how it goes with your current provider and if you need any further help

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ok. I have had ID mobile tech team investigate. They say they can call my number from vodaphone, EE , Three and O2 therefore there is no fault on their side of network or sim. As it is only Virgin numbers that cannot call me the problem must be to do with something blocking on virgin network. I think this happened when they removed my number

I have spoken to Virgin Mobile 3 more time and they insist that it is nothing to do with them now I have left. They refuse to help

I am now left with phone tgat cannot receive calls from my wife’s phone or any other numbers on Virgin mobile

Have nowhere to turn to for help other that report Virgin to. Offcom and Ombudsman

Any further advice appreciated

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DaveWillis1

Thanks for the details, I'm sorry to hear that you are still unable to receive calls from Virgin numbers and that you did not receive the help you require from us during your calls. That's not the high standard of customer service we aim to provide, I apologise.

Would you like me to raise a complaint for you regarding the matter?

Best wishes,

Serena

If you think it will do any good

i have an ongoing issue raised against my wife’s virgin phone saying she cannot call my number. That was a week ago. They sent her a new sim which I knew would not make any difference and the guy was supposed to call her back but nothing so far

As far as my side is concerned because I left they dont want to help although I am sure something has hapoened in porting my number

By all means I am looking for suggestion as to wher to go next

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DaveWillis1

Thanks for getting back to me, I will raise a complaint for you now and send you a private message to discuss the resolution desired. Please look out for the purple envelope in thr top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Kind regards,

Serena