cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact issue iPhone

GarethS1994
Tuning in

Hi there,

I’m experiencing a frustrating issue with the contacts on my iPhone. The numbers appear spaced (07 123 456 789) instead of 07123 456789.

Upon reading on these forums I understand that this issue is caused by a formatting issue with the contacts on iPhone as the SIM card is somehow linked to a Belgium network or setting.

Because of this issue, I cannot call the numbers when they appear spaced as the iPhone thinks it’s in another country and all contacts that call me appear as numbers instead of names.

I have never had this issue happen before with any other network and this results in my phone being next to useless.

Is there a way to sort this issue out once and for all otherwise I will look to leave as the network is creating issues for me that I haven’t ever had with any other provider.

7 REPLIES 7

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GarethS1994 

Thanks for posting on our community forum, a warm welcome to you with this being your first post and sorry to hear about the issue with your SIM.

Can you head to Settings > General > Language & Region > Region and then select United Kingdom - perform a full reboot of the phone and see if this works please?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi there,

Many thanks for your reply.

I have tried every single setting that has been suggested. I have tried turning Dial Assist off, still same problem. Changing local language to another language and back to United Kingdom, same issue happens, I did have access inside of phone/mobile data to choose SIM applications and change the settings from automatic to national and this fixed it for a good while but now that option has disappeared and the problem is back again.

Like I said this issue is frustrating and renders my iPhone as being useless really!

Hi @GarethS1994 

Thanks for your response

Have you performed a full reboot of the phone after trying the steps? 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Yes, weirdly, if I restart the iPhone without performing any of the above steps before rebooting, it’ll be fine for about 1-3 days and then it will happen all over again.

It usually takes two reboots to come back to being normal again.

Check the iCloud country settings

Already done, iCloud country settings are set to United Kingdom.

Hi @GarethS1994 

Thanks for your response

I'm going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, please keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team