Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant spam calls from VM

Lil-Squabbit
Up to speed

FAO: VIRGIN MOBILE

First let me ask a question. 

Does the number 03450450586 mean anything to you?

For the past 3 days I have been getting calls from this number, claiming to be your mobile team, that is what I can gather because 99% of the time as soon as I answer the call, they immedialey hang up. This is very rude behaviour and very unbecoming of a mega tech company such as the VM brand. 

Now, I could call them back but what's the point? They just seem to like playing their silly wee games, so instead, I have now blocked the number.

If you genuinely have a need to contact me, you can do so in writing from now on. I will not answer the phone to an offsite and incompetent call centre who just simply can't be bothered.

Sorry for the slightly unamused tone but I have had enough. It would seem VM only become efficient when it benefits themselves! 

...........................................................................................................
Lil-Squabbit is soooooo NOT amused!!!!
3 REPLIES 3

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

check out the number on 'who called me' and you will find that they rate it as a 'scam' number.

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/03450450586  they state:

According to our users’ reports, there is a high probability that the telephone number 03450450586 that called you is a payment phone scam!

At the moment, our Calling Line Identification system CANNOT verify this number. This means that it may NOT be authentic and may NOT belong to Virgin Media.

Worth reporting to the ICO and complaining : https://ico.org.uk/   if you keep getting calls from them that are silent when you answer

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lil-Squabbit thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've been receiving unwanted calls. I don't like to confirm numbers due to number spoofing but if you're unhappy with the calls you can update your marketing preferences here.  This is for future reference.  On this occasion I would like to help you manage this.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks for the reply and I did my research before posting here to and although a few people have reported the number as a scam, there are a few who have confirmed it as a a genuine VM call centre, albeit useless, as for them too, the ring and hang up happens more often than getting to the bottom of the call.

However, if it were a spam/scam call, they're obviously not very good at the scam are they lol.

Additionally, I did have a call from the Virgin Mobile team last week to confirm I owed a small fee on my now disconnected handset, which they took from my account and nothing has been taken since. I also confirmed today, that the numbers matched. So possibly or not a scam, who knows... 

...........................................................................................................
Lil-Squabbit is soooooo NOT amused!!!!