cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant call drops for 8 months

c_smith
Dialled in

I have been with Virgin mobile for several years and rarely had any problems with the service.  I briefly left for about 6 weeks in December 2020 through January 2021 because I got a better deal elsewhere, before I was offered an Oomph SIM to return to Virgin Mobile as part of my Virgin Media package.  

Since then I have had nothing but problems with constant call drop outs on both incoming and outgoing calls.  I phoned Customer Services several times about it early on and various things were tried including sending data to my phone and replacing the SIM card, but the problem continued. I eventually gave up as I was constantly having to explain the same issue over and over again to foreign call centres. 

For months now I've had to explain to my contacts at the start of every call that I'm having problems with my connection and if it drops out I'll call them back.  Recently I've had several important work calls where I've had to call back multiple times as I keep getting cut off.  This has been a major inconvenience to me.

There is CLEARLY an issue with your service at the moment as from reading others comments on this forum, this is not an isolated incident.  I was told several months ago it was because of the transition between the EE and Vodafone networks, it would be resolved eventually, but they could provide no timeframe.  I could accept some short term connection issues, but this has now been going on for 8 months with no sign of any resolution.  

Will you please look into this issue and get this resolved, it is causing me no end of problems, particularly with work.  

11 REPLIES 11

c_smith
Dialled in

In anticipation of some of the questions others have been asked in the multitude of threads regarding the same issue, please note the following: 

- My phone is a Moto G6 on 4g

- The problem is on normal 4g calls, not WiFi calling

- Most of the time the issue has occurred when I'm at home and in the surrounding area

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you considered the fact that you may now be on Vodafone and not EE

What networks are listed when you do a manual network search?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @c_smith,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you've been having some issues with your mobile connection for a while now. As @enlli has suggested, are you able to confirm if you're connected to the EE or Vodafone network for your mobile service with us? We can then carry out some further checks based off of that.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi, the options I have are: 

Virgin 

Virgin Mobile 

EE 

3 UK 

O2 UK 

I am on Virgin. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for that.

Virgin are a Virtual Network and used others for signal. Previously that would have been EE. The list you give me indicates that Virgin are now using Vodafone for your signal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

8 months on and I'm still no further forward to obtaining a resolution to this problem. There is clearly an issue with the Virgin mobile network, there are numerous other threads from customers with the same problem.  

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you got a very nearby full postcode. I still suspect it's a reception problem on Vodafone. If so, only a change of networks will cure it. 

As you would have been EE originally I would suggest them or one of their MNVO's

Thanks for your post @c_smith and I'm sorry to hear this has been going on for an extended period of time.

It may be worth looking into these links for an idea of the status of the coverage in the local area;

For SIM cards supported by EE and for SIM cards supported by Vodafone

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

According to those links I have good indoor and outdoor signals for both Vodafone and EE.  I had no problems prior to moving from EE to Vodafone, the issue must lie with the service Vodafone are providing.  I wonder if those who piggy back on Vodafone are being provided with a lower standard of service, or if the signals keep jumping between the two networks during the transition period.  Either way, something is clearly amiss and in need of attention.