cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistently Poor Signal

MarkWLB
Tuning in

Dear Virgin Mobile,

For weeks now, probably months, I've had a very poor signal wherever I am, in some places no signal at all. I have an iPhone XR which has been tested by Apple senior technicians and the phone is functioning perfectly. I have the latest version of IOS on the phone (13.1) and all my software is up to date. You have supplied me with a new SIM but that has made no difference either. Please would you check your signal, software etc to see if there is a problem with that or between that and my phone. My home postcode is HA5 2PW, but as I stated earlier this problem is with me wherever I go and is becoming seriously annoying. I know the Vodafone signal is very strong in my area and my girlfriend's service with another carrier, whilst not as strong as Vodafone, is also better than mine. Right now where I am I have one bar and that keeps disappearing so I have no signal at all.

Regards.

40 REPLIES 40

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chrisbeams wrote:

hi, I have similar annoying issues.. 

Virgin Mobile - no reception at home, cant even seem to manually change to another provider in the iPhone settings

Work Mobile- on Vodafone has reception.

if Virgin uses Vodafone why would the phone not have reception?

Chris

Virgin use EE or Vodafone. You may be still on EE as the move to Vodafone is only happening slowly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thanks

is there anyway to confirm that and find when i might move.. otherwise i need to leave Virgin

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Appears not. They are pushing it to move people onto new contracts, but when it happens to everyone is hard to say 

I understand the deal with EE ends with the close of the year, but no guarantee the change will happen immediately. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

would getting a new SIM help as i see mention of that on other forums?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@chrisbeams wrote:
would getting a new SIM help as i see mention of that on other forums?

Hopefully the new SIM would go out on Vodafone.

Worth a try.

Hi chrisbeams

Thanks for posting. 

All customers are being changed over to Vodafone soon, but if you'd like to do it now then please give us a call and speak to our retentions team who can agree a new deal with you and the change would happen sooner

789 / 0345 6000 789 is the numbers 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I have recently received an e-SIM update and ever since my signal is poor everywhere and specifically in places where it used to be good.

I have a 3 physical SIM with my business number in the same phone and the signal with that is strong everywhere.

As I write this I am in the office I have been working for years and where signal was always available and now I have no VM signal but 3 bars with 3.

The e-SIM update was presented as an improvement but it has been anything but, why this regression?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@selianitis 

I've moved your post in the other thread to start a new thread of your own.

Double posts only cause confusion and are against forum rules.

Hello selianitis]

Sorry to hear this is happening 

As you have gone from Sim to Esim it may have moved you over from EE to Vodafone

Which may be the reason for the poor signal 

I can take a look to see what we can do if you like 

I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

@enlli

Why allow two very similar threads to exist (without merging) but not allow a relevant response to both and remove from both?

Is it because it proves beyond any doubt that the recent VM mobile changes have been a serious regression and other carriers simply have better signal?