cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consistently Poor Signal

MarkWLB
Tuning in

Dear Virgin Mobile,

For weeks now, probably months, I've had a very poor signal wherever I am, in some places no signal at all. I have an iPhone XR which has been tested by Apple senior technicians and the phone is functioning perfectly. I have the latest version of IOS on the phone (13.1) and all my software is up to date. You have supplied me with a new SIM but that has made no difference either. Please would you check your signal, software etc to see if there is a problem with that or between that and my phone. My home postcode is HA5 2PW, but as I stated earlier this problem is with me wherever I go and is becoming seriously annoying. I know the Vodafone signal is very strong in my area and my girlfriend's service with another carrier, whilst not as strong as Vodafone, is also better than mine. Right now where I am I have one bar and that keeps disappearing so I have no signal at all.

Regards.

40 REPLIES 40

Meup93
On our wavelength

I've had consistently poor signal on virgin everywhere and I'm sick of virgin mentioning it's the device I had them say that when I was getting delayed notifications now that's sorted and working fine with the same device. Now the signal is a nightmare 3g and 4g it's not about sharing ee masts as other places have great signal on virgin just virgin never admit a fault worst customer service ever. Tesco uses 02 masts and they dont have a problem 

Virgin are going to call me and run some tests on my phone. They've already sent me two new SIM cards to no effect. I am certain it's not my phone because off iv switch over to 3G the signal improved somewhat but can still be very patchy. We'll see what happens but if they try blaming my phone I for one will not be happy.

Regards,

Mark

PI
On our wavelength

Virgin stop with all the excuses, I have exactly the same issue and tried all the fixes and a new sim! 

mickbell
Tuning in
I totally agree. I'm just waiting for my contract to finish then I'm leaving. My wife is with EE and she can make phone calls at home. I cant make or receive phone calls or texts. Complained lots of times and just get fobbed off. Terrible reception, terrible customer service and terrible excuses.

simsokidil
Tuning in

I do not think it has anything to do with the device either. I had been with O2 for many, many years. I still have 4 contracts with them (for my wife and children). However as I have their top package for broadband and TV  (which is fabulous btw) they gave me a free sim card with unlimited data. once my O2 contract expired I switched to cut costs and use this 'free' sim instead.

the service is indeed dreadful. I cannot believe how bad it is. I used to stream movies and programs whilst on the train with never any issues, I was always able to use wifi out and about when ever it was available - again no issues. since switching I cannot use hardly any wifi hotspots anywhere let alone using the 'free data'. My Phone will show 4G yet I am unable to download, stream or play games. Very, and I mean very rarely did I have issues with O2 whilst out and about.

I switched sim cards with my wife (O2) and no issues - both of us had problems with connectivity whilst using the VM sim card. Whilst I wanted to save a few quid by using this free sim I am going to have to go back to O2 and pay the bit extra for quality.

whilst I fully appreciate that VM 'piggy backs' off the back of EE  (I actually didn't not rate EE much either as my brother in law had a few probs where he lived with reception on EE, O2 never did) I would have thought someone if VM's stature would have used a provider that is far better equipped.

I really mean this, but words really just cannot describe how bad - and how disappointed I am - the reception is.  

Hi simsokidil,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with the signal.

Is this happening in multiple area's? 

^Martin

Hi Martin,

Put very simply, yes!

Mark

Thank you for that information. 

Okay, what I will do is private message you so I can look into this. 

^Martin

hi Martin, thanks for messaging. yes it is..

it is generally more so for data. it is appalling really. Having been with O2 for absolute years i vary rarely had issues. Since using VM its pretty much always..

XXLL868
Joining in

It has been more than two months, my mobile consistently showing very weak signal, only 2 bars, hardly use it as a hotpot for my other devices to be able to get online. I have 100mgb broadband package with virgin but the broadband had not been working properly from the beginning of August and it is complete out of service since Sep, 2020 At the current situation, we totally rely everything online, it’s a disaster!