cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues

ovdrum
Joining in

Having problems accessing some sites for example William Hill,Skybet,Beerhawk,Drop Store and other sites similar to these.I phoned about problem and was told it's to do with children accessing sites when under 18.So was told parental control was now switched off but still no joy on sites mentioned above. TIA for any help.

26 REPLIES 26

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Okay, have you rebooted the device?

What did our team do for you when you called?
Zoie

Yes device rebooted said they would take parental control off but might take up to 24hours.I have also taken parental controls off on my virgin mobile site

Hi

Just a thought as I had a similar issue in the past with a different provider. It turned out not to be a network issue and the phone itself.

I had done the usual update which had installed some extra security. It maybe worth doing a internet search regards that for your device.

It gave me an option to confirm whether I wanted certain devices off there restricted list each time I went to those sites I was blocked from. 

Hope you get sorted, good luck. 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply,

Have you rebooted your phone since this ?
Zoie

Thanks

Yes it's been rebooted

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

As @Lightfoots given us some helpful advice on what happened with them.

Have you tried your sim in a different device?
Zoie 

I haven't but will give it a go when my wife returns and will let you know oh also I have an O2 SIM and it opens up sites I require no problem pity I don't get signal where I am at the moment 

Thanks

Have tried in two other devices now and still no joy all that comes up when trying to get on sites is 

This site cannot provide a secure connection 

err_ssl_protocol_error

Hi have now tried SIM in two other devices still no joy all it says when trying to get on these sites is 

The site cannot provide a secure connection 

err_ssl_protocol_error