cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to voicemail

EEdgar
Tuning in

I have a voicemail alert but when trying to connect to my voicemail from France the connection cuts out immediately after dialling. I have my PIN at the ready and have accessed voicemail from France before, but there seems to be a problem with connecting... any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Beth,

No, I have no other issues with e.g. calls, texts, roaming etc.

My handset is a Samsung Galaxy S7

Thanks

Liz

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI EEdgar,

Thank you for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

Sorry to hear you're having issues accessing your voicemail abroad. Are you having issues with calls, texts or roaming in general too?

Also, can you please confirm the make and model of your handset so we can try to assist you further? 📱

Thank you

Beth

Hi Beth,

No, I have no other issues with e.g. calls, texts, roaming etc.

My handset is a Samsung Galaxy S7

Thanks

Liz

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming these, EEdgar.

When entering the PIN to go on the menu and listen to your voice messages, do you get an error message or can you access the settings there as normal?

Also, would you be able to try resetting your voicemail PIN to see if this clears the issue?

Lastly, can you test your SIM on another handset, if possible and check if the issue persists?

Let us know more and we're eager to help you.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

I don't even get as far as the menu as the connection seems to ring off as soon as it connects ...?

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to hear this is the case, EEdgar.

Would you be able to test the SIM on another phone and see if it works there, perhaps?

Also, did you have this problem before going abroad and how long will you be in France for, if we may ask?

Thanks,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri,

I've tried the SIM on another phone and the same thing happens i.e. the connection dials off as soon as it's made after dialling the number. My partner also dialled the number from his phone/SIM and the same thing happened... 

I don't recall having the problem in the UK, but I rarely get voicemails. Back in April.

Hi EEdgar,

Thanks for getting back to us after trying this. It is certainly strange.

We can't always guarantee that your voicemails will work when abroad, which I appreciate is frustrating, however there are only so many things we can suggest from here.

I know your voicemails have worked abroad previously and you have a PIN set up, however can you please try calling 222 as if to try and set up your voicemails again?

Keep us posted

Beth

Just tried the 222 option and the same thing happens - it's certainly a mystery but frustrating too.

Hi EEdgar,

Thanks for giving it a go. What I'll do is drop you a private message so I can take your details and have a look into this further for you.

Please look out for my message over at the purple envelope.

Thank you,

Beth