Menu
NuclearDevice
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Connecting to Wi-Fi Hotspots

I have a iPhone 4 that is running iOS 7.1.2. I have tried to update and this is the most current version that will download.

As a VM Broadband customer I have access to the Wi-Fi Hotspots available on the network.  However I need someone a little more technically minded than myself to assist logging on to them.  As the problem is that the VMConnect app on the AppStore only works on phones running iOS9 and above.  Not with my limited knowledge I know that all you need if the ID & Password when selecting the public hot spots and then it will log on and I can select the Auto-Join & Auto-Logon and then problem solved.

Does anybody know how to login when prompted for detail (which will obviously include my ID & Password).  I have tried speaking to someone on twitter who says it cannot be done but did say that wasn't 100% sure and the Gadget Rescue Team say buy a new phone again code for we dont know.  I need someone with Mobile, Broadband/Wifi technical knowledge as this problems is something that can be resolved if you know how.

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting to Wi-Fi Hotspots

Not sure if this will help you at all  https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Use-Virgin-Media-Wifi-Hotspot-On-Mac/m-p/34...

Just had a mess about with my Android phone and got it connected to my neighbors Hub (Virgin Media SSID) and working, but yours is iOS and an old version, so....

What I did:

EAP Method = TTLS - CA certificate = Do Not Validate (may not be very secure) - Identity = vmedwifi/YOUREMAIL - Password = your account password.

Good luck !!

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
NuclearDevice
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Connecting to Wi-Fi Hotspots

cheers for this I'll have to have a look at which setting it may be but I'll have a look in the morning as its getting late, will update this post if it works.

0 Kudos