cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect app won't detect mobile data

G4DDS
Well-informed

Had a new phone (a Poco M4 Pro) and trying to using the Mobile section of the Virgin Media Connect app. It asks me to disable wifi which I do and then it asks me to enable mobile data however it already is enabled:

Turn On Mobile Data.jpg

SIM 1.jpg

Mobile data is working fine as I can use apps and surf with wifi disabled and I can see my mobile data usage increase but the app just won't detect that mobile data is enabled. Initially, I had the SIM in slot 2 so I switched it to slot 1 but that made no difference.

Any thoughts?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: Ultimate Volt 1Gb
Equipment: 3 x V6, Hub 5
10 REPLIES 10

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @G4DDS, thanks for reaching out to us on the forums.

I'm sorry to see this issue with the app not recognising your datae.
Please uninstall the app, reboot your phone, download the app again and check if that resolves the issue.
Let us know how you get along.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have tried uninstalling, re-installing, re-booting and clearing app caches and it has made no difference.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @G4DDS

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about your issue

Are you able to try another SIM card in the same device to see if this works?

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'm having the exact same problem! Also new customer, this is frustrating because when I call customer services they just told me to have a read through FAQ's. It just won't work and I've tried all the settings and reboots.

I remember when I had Virgin Mobile last time I had the same issue until I had Virgin Media TV,broadband and phone installed however on this occasion I will only be having Virgin Mobile.

Please someone help because I need to make full use of it when out!

Thanks in advance 

Hi there @nick_london, welcome back to the forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you are having issues with using the Connect app on mobile data. Just to confirm, have you been able to follow all the steps given by the forum team who have replied earlier on this thread?

If so, please let us know. We will be happy to assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi,

Thanks for your response, yes I've tried all those steps as the previous moderator has given and it hasn't made a difference. 

I am using an android phone. This exact problem happened a few years ago when I last had Virgin Mobile and it only worked when becoming a Cable customer however I won't be getting that this time round.

You're welcome, thanks for confirming you have tried those steps.

There isn't anything obvious showing as to why this is happening. It may be best to send you a PM so I can confirm your details and check this further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

@nick_london

Did you ever get this resolved. I'm still having this problem. I'm guessing when we all get switched to O2 this will no longer be a problem anyway?

Hi G4DDS

Sorry to hear of the issues authenticating the Connect App using mobile data and your SIM card, we appreciate the concern and you raising this via the forums.

Have you been able to try it on a different handset or in a different location, it may be the signal strength of the mobile data isn't strong enough. Can you try these and let us know?

Rob