cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused by mobile options

chops
Well-informed

After renewing my VM contract (the old contract was called Oomph as it included a SIM only for a few pound per month and 6G data) I was told the mobile number would need to be cancelled immediately as Oomph was no longer available and would become PAYG. However, it seems it will continue for another few weeks and then have to be changed. What are my choices ? Vodaphone or o2 it seems but where do I find the prices for SIM only and offers etc ? and how do I sign-up ? otherwise I guess \i will have to get a PAC code to retain the number ? Needs to be better communication from VM about the options for customers finding that their number is to be cancelled.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not sure what you mean by 6G data. Phones run on 2, 3,4 and 5G at the moment

How many GB per month are they offering? If it is 6 and meets your need then fine.

It will be a Virgin SIM running on Vodafone the same as you last one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any SIM you get on O2 will qualify you for what is called Volt.

Basically your broadband speed will rise to the next level (Unless you are on 1Gb already) and the data on the SIM will be doubled.

Work out how much phone data you need and see what's available SIM only. You can then transfer your number.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

chops
Well-informed

I contacted Virgin Mobile today (Philippines call centre) and they said I can continue to keep my number by paying each month £6 for unlimited calls,texts and 6G data.I guess that this is a new contract using Vodaphone network ? Is the pricing the same for O2 Volt and who can I contact for that ?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not sure what you mean by 6G data. Phones run on 2, 3,4 and 5G at the moment

How many GB per month are they offering? If it is 6 and meets your need then fine.

It will be a Virgin SIM running on Vodafone the same as you last one.

chops
Well-informed

Yes it was 6GB of data offered by them.

I have now been to the o2 website and after a chat session of over 1 hour finally received a similar offer - so I guess that's better as it will have the Volt extras added on but a new SIM and PAC code needed. Just suggest that it would be a lot easier for customers if a concise email was drafted outlining the 2 contract options with links to sign up to o2 Volt or continue with the existing Vodaphone/ Virgin mobile rather than be left to fathom it all out.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As you have signed with O2 they will send you a new SIM, probably early next week

Get your PAC code from Virgin ASAP. You could try this 

To get a PAC: simply text ‘PAC’ and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 650753

For example: PAC 01/03/1984

You will need to give that to O2

I suggest you download the My O2 App which is an easy way to keep tabs on the account 

It takes up to 14 day for VOLT benefits to be applied. Mine took seven

Hi Chops, thank you for getting in touch about your mobile options. Sincerest apologies for the lack of communication to support you with alternative mobile options. 

Massive thanks to Enlli for offering help and support with your query until we picked this up!

They are completely right, to get your PAC code you can text PAC and your date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 65075. 

If you would prefer to speak to the team to do this you can by calling  0345 6000 789 (or 789 from a Virgin Mobile handset). 

If you do decide to go with O2 and would like to activate your VOLT benefits, you do this via the My O2 account under the More > Volt Benefits tab options. 

If you would like any more information on VOLT you can find this here. 

Please do let us know if there is anything further we can support you with!

All the best. 

Molly