cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confused about Minute Allowance, what numbers can I call without getting charged extra

spyyke
Joining in

I'm planning on getting a new contract phone with a bundle including the smart watch and air pods.

Although after some research I'm a bit confused on what numbers are covered as free under minute allowance.

It says UK landlines  (beginning 01, 02 and 03) and calls and texts to UK mobiles are included as  'free' but this part confuses me Calls to service numbers (084, 087, 09 and 118) and personal numbers (070) are not included, other exclusions apply.

Aren't most UK companies using 084 and 087 Numbers? Because they're in the UK do I get charged for calling them or receiving calls from them? and the 070 numbers? Is that mobile numbers too?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@spyyke wrote:

I'm planning on getting a new contract phone with a bundle including the smart watch and air pods.

Although after some research I'm a bit confused on what numbers are covered as free under minute allowance.

Aren't most UK companies using 084 and 087 Numbers? Because they're in the UK do I get charged for calling them or receiving calls from them? and the 070 numbers? Is that mobile numbers too?

084 and 087 are not included and are actually more expensive by mobile than landline.

Many companies have swapped to 03 numbers. Those that haven't don't get my business.

There are websites that let you find an underlying 01 or 02 number for a given 084 087

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@spyyke wrote:

084 and 087 are not included and are actually more expensive by mobile than landline.

Many companies have swapped to 03 numbers. Those that haven't don't get my business.

There are websites that let you find an underlying 01 or 02 number for a given 084 087

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

@enlli

thanks for the clarification, also do you know if I would get charged for getting calls from 08 numbers?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Incoming calls from those numbers are not charged.