cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility

clhglos
On our wavelength

I have on order the new Google Pixel 6 PRO which is arriving this week and just curious will the phone be compatible with Virgin 5G network ? I've read  that some older Pixel 5 has had problems.

• Yes i live in a 5G area
  • Yes the phone is 5G ready
  • No i have not got a 5G sim yet (still deciding what plan i want)

11 REPLIES 11

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Clhgos, 

Thanks for your post, if the phone is 5g compatible on a 5g network. It should work. 

Our SIMs are hosted from either EE or Vodafone, did you get the phone from us?

Zoie

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The phone will work on Virgin 5G but there may be a good chance the VoLTE and WiFi Calling won't work. That's where you have heard of problems with Pixel phones.

Virgin's offering on these services is strictly limited!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

clhglos
On our wavelength

I have bought it directly from Google store. I did the same with my current Pixel 3 XL.

Hi - how is the Pixel with virgin media mobile?

I have a Pixel 6 but i'm on sky mobile - i'm contemplating a switch to vm as they are listed as a compatible network and the data speeds i get with sky seem throttled and are never over about 3Mbps regardless of whether I have good signal or not. 

It would be really helpful to understand what your experiences are.

Thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @clhglos,

Thank you for coming back to us and confirming that you purchased the phone yourself and not through us. 

You can take a look at our website to see what SIM only 5G compatible options you can take out with us. Please take a look at our 5G Mobile page for more information.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As I mentioned above I would warn that VoLTE and WiFi Calling may not work.

It hasn't on any Pixel to date and is not mentioned in Virgin's compatibility list. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

clhglos
On our wavelength
I got the phone on Wednesday but not used it yet with my curent 4G Virgin sim card, still awaiting the case i ordered and do not want risk getting it damaged 🙂 I will be ordering a 5G sim tonight.

I will post back when i get it if that's cool.

Hi clhglos, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. I am happy to see that the phone is received and that you will be ordering the new sim, once the sim arrives please let us know how it goes and if you need any further assistance? - Chris. 

clhglos
On our wavelength

Hello again Ricardo87, 5G is so slow even though i am in 5G area what's worst is i barely get signal in my place of which is out of my hometown i am thinking of returning the sim card and cancelling my mobile account and going somewhere else i am afraid. The old 4G i had was way way faster.

Also why are Virgin pinging off Vodafone for 5G ? I was with them for years before switching to Virgin and had nothing but issue's.