Menu
Jac70
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Cold Calls from India

You know those calls from the Indian call center promising 'good news' about how your service is going to be upgraded - when in fact they are nothing more than upselling, trying to get you to sign up to extra services.  I have been getting them for years, to the point where I rarely leave that phone switched on anymore.

I'd like them stopped once and for all please.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cold Calls from India

Buy a BT call guardian phone and it will stop

0 Kudos
Jac70
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm not buying anything, I want my name removed from the marketing list - that's free.
0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Well-informed
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I think you need to call 789 or 150 and request just that. It could take weeks to activate though. If you can block the number I'd do that too

0 Kudos
Jac70
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The reason I made a thread is I saw another post on the same topic. One of the forum people told the poster they could send them a PM and they would sort it. However I cannot send a PM to the forum person unless I make my own post first and have them respond.

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Well-informed
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

True, its Terri_P that has posted before re: sorting that out. 

Hopefully a mid will be along sometime to assist.

0 Kudos
Jac70
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Like I say, it's the reason that this phone is left off for the most part. Only reason it has been on this week is so I can take a call about an interview and I have given them this number rather than my own personal number. So it's been on since Monday and in that time I have had 3 calls this week from them (and it's still only *****in Wednesday).

Just had one about 20 minutes ago. It doesn't seem to matter how many times you tell them that you aren't interested in the 'service improvements' - they'll just call the next day and give you the same deceptive spiel. It's pretty shady IMO. They tell you that they have some good news and that they are calling to improve your service. That all sounds nice and positive, like you are going to get a better connection, a speed boost or a new router or something. Then people spend 5 minutes giving them all their account information only to discover that it is nothing more than a basic upselling cold call.

They claim to be Virgin Media but I am surprised that VM would treat their customers like this. It's deceptive. Pretty sure that it wouldn't be allowed if it was under British marketing law and as I've seen on these forums, it gives a very bad impression of the company to the customers.

Hopefully a mod can sort it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jac70

I appreciate your patience

You can arrange this with us as you know but you can also arrange this via our Care teams on Webchat or via the phone too.

Our way takes a little longer as the forums work retrospectively.

If you pop back to my PM I've sent I can then arrange to notify the teams who will update this for you.

It takes up to 6 weeks for all Marketing to cease once this change has been implemented as some is pre batched and on a different system that doesn't pick up these changes once it's batched, hence the 6 week notice period.

You can find my PM on the top right in the purple envelope.

Alternatively, you can contact Care via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat for any billing or package related queries where they can clear security with you.

Webchat can be contacted via the site online and you can speak to them if you prefer this option by choosing the Chat Online option:

E.G-Account and Billing > Manage Your Account Online

Speak soon.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jac70

I hope you got this sorted Smiley Happy

If not please pop back to me on the PM I sent last Thursday.

Kind regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Jac70
Tuning in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It was sorted - the number has been made inactive. Like I said the number was one I hadn't used in a long time because of these calls and it seems that VM have removed it from the network. I had just started using it again with the hope that I could sort this out through the forum but I know that once the number has been deactivated there is no way to get it back.

What is the deal with sims  now - as in how often do you need to make or receive a call to keep it active.

0 Kudos