cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Close my account?

speedski
Tuning in

Hoping someone can help me.

So I have a legacy oomph deal that I was moved off to go to the new volt deals - but my credit report is showing that the account for the old virgin mobile sim (I never used) is still open (I can see the account number from an old email bill).

I can't login to it, the account isn't valid through virgin mobile or media, account isn't recognized - but its still active and updated every month on my credit report.

How can I go about getting this account completely closed down and removed please? (some might say I shouldn't worry but I have five mobile accounts active at the moment, despite only having two active lines - so I need to do a bit of housekeeping!)

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi speedski, 

Thanks for posting - sorry for the confusion over the OOMPH SIM. 

Please give us a call on 789 / 0345 6000 789 and we'll ensure this is cancelled for you

Let us know how the call goes

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks - but on calling they can't help as the account is already closed. They advised me to send an email to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk to have the record updated officially.

Thank you @speedski

Are you able to let us know how things are looking once you've been able to email the team? It can take up 28 days for the team to reply just so you are aware. 

Thanks again. 

Emailed yesterday, auto reply said to expect a reply within 21 days. They replied this morning to say it had been settled and the credit reference agencies informed.

Thanks for your guidance.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @speedski

Thanks for posting on our community forum

Great to hear this is now sorted, I hope you have a great day and be sure to contact us if you require any further assistance.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs