Menu
dstroke7
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Check your mobile tariff!!!!!

Received my usual monthly refresh text message this morning with one additional. It said...

"All done! Your're now on 4G 1500mins + 3GB We switched you over today you can now use your allowances."

Its been a while, I couldn't remember what my tariff actually was, so I checked.

Not only have they changed my tariff but also increased the price by 30%!!! Which I hadn't asked for.
I called them and they said it was because of the RPI increase which is utter BS. I insisted they put my tariff back to what it was and back to the price it was last month etc.

As far as I know based on what they said, my tariff should be back to where it is with no additional charges.

This is totally out of order and completely wrong. I'd advise ALL check their tariff to see if you've been moved without asking.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Check your mobile tariff!!!!!

Hi there dstroke7, thanks for your post.

Due to the recent price increase there were some select tariff price restructuring which has meant that some had a bigger percentage increase than others if subscribing to an older Legacy tariff.

We did advise via letter that you could cancel with no penalties before July 2nd if you were not happy with this.

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Haybasha
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I for one am one disgruntled very long term customer who was on a legacy tariff and you increased my bill without informing me at all by over 21%.

No letters, no emails, no texts, nothing!

After several pointless calls to your support team to explain I am not in a position to accept a new (and quite frankly worse) 12 month contract (I'm self employed with no guarantee of work beyond August this year) I've just called today to get my PAC.

Off to GiffGaff which does do 30 day contracts and actually provides me with 4g data rather than the 3g I had for the same price.

As I feel Virgin have been extremely underhanded in this and fail to see how they can justify it plus I know I was paying far more than other customers for the same package (my wife included who pays 50% of what I paid for the same deal). My second sim will also no doubt be leaving you in September once out of the 12 month contract.

Enough is enough, no more cash cow for Virgin Mobile.

dstroke7
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for responding. Just a quick update.

I recalculated the increase and it actually equates to 40% increase per month. The RPI is if I remember rightly 3.3%, BIG difference.
Also on Virgin mobiles tariff page it still has the so called "legacy tariff" of £6, which I might add is the tariff I was on. This tariff suited me perfectly based on my usage.

As regards a letter, email or text etc. I don't recall ever receiving anything to say my tariff would change and I'd be paying 40% more each month.

I have been with Virgin since Telewest and I have always rated Virgin highly and recommended others go with the service. Either by the TV, Broadband or Mobile etc. That stopped the other day when a sales colleague (from the US call centre by the sounds of it) said I could "put up and shut or just cancel".

Because of this we are collectively reviewing the complete Virgin services we receive and mobiles will be changing shortly to other providers.

Never again will I recommend Virgin or speak highly of them. Virgin changed my tariff without asking and that is wrong!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I can appreciate that price increases are never good news dstroke7.

Any customer who is affected by a price increase is always sent a letter concerning this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
dstroke7
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Just to clarify. I never had a letter or email. I had a letter a while ago as regards increase in TV, Broadband package but nothing on mobile.

Its also strange that the tariff I was told is a "legacy tariff" is still listed at the price shown of £6: https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim/?contractDuration=12&tariffID=574713287

Also, at least 6 others who are on the same package don't seem to have had their price increase???
The tariff displayed on my account panel also says 2012. I was never on a Sim only tariff back then??

This open up more questions.

0 Kudos
vipermo
Dialled in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This will be interesting come on virgin do tell ?
0 Kudos
Haybasha
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If every customer gets a letter informing of a price increase then where is mine?

Total and utter rubbish, no letters received here just another very long term customer lost to the competition.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MickyT
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I never received any notification by post, email, text or call.... Nothing.....

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Super solver
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Martin_N wrote:

I can appreciate that price increases are never good news dstroke7.

Any customer who is affected by a price increase is always sent a letter concerning this. 

^Martin

Not True.  I never got a letter.

0 Kudos