cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chatbot security

thorpemeister
On our wavelength

Trying to use customer support by text message. Chatbot script sends me to a form asking for password characters. Password fails. Going through security with the agent, it seems it is asking for password but actually checking the memorable word. Is the chatbot script using the wrong wording?

5 REPLIES 5

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi thorpemeister, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear you've encountered this problem when getting in touch via text message. The characters requested would be from your memorable security word - the one you use to speak with members of staff & not to be confused with your own password you use to log into your MyVM account etc.

If this isn't successful, then usually we'd request to go through alternative security checks with the account holder directly.

What were you getting in touch about, maybe we can help from here? 

Tom 

Thanks for your reply. My point is that the chatbot scripts and web forms are wrong and misleading and will actively prevent customers passing the security check.

They specifically ask for (password characters) - which is not what you are checking (memorable word characters).

Difficult to see how this got past usability testing. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for clarifying - can I double-check which text number you used when this happened?

Tom 

07533 016 422

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming. I'll ensure this feedback is passed on so that any necessary corrections to the process can be made asap. 

Tom