Menu
adwhit
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Charged when cancelled in cooling off period

I ordered a sim only 12 months (4G 1500mins + 2GB) on an offer but cancelled it a couple of days later over the phone, well within the cooling off period and before the sim had even arrived!

I was told it was cancelled and I wouldn't be charged. I even asked the rep on the phone to confirm this and queried the email I got whilst on the phone, stating there would be a 44.94 for cancelling early. He said there would be no charge at all and the emails are sent by default and to ignore them.

Today I have noticed the first payment of £9 was taken from my account. I have logged into my account today to try and resolved this and my account shows recent charges of £44.94.

1. I shouldn't be charged at all, I was informed I wouldn't be and I haven't even used the service and will not be doing as the rep given advised me to throw the sim away when it arrived. I need a £9 refund.

2. I am now concerned I will indeed be charged the £44.94 despite cancelling within the cooling off period, before the sim had even arrived.

I need support please.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged when cancelled in cooling off period

Hello adwhit, 

Welcome to our community forum page, it's great to have you on board. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you have been charged £9.00 even though the SIM plan was cancelled within the 14 day cooling off period. 

I want to make sure this is sorted out for you right away and I have sent you a private message so I can assist further. 

Thanks, 

Dean C

0 Kudos
adwhit
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Charged when cancelled in cooling off period

OK thanks, I look forward to resolving the issue.

0 Kudos