cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for Ending Contract Within Cooling-Off Period

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Could someone from the forum team kindly pick up on my issue? I’m having a bit of a nightmare.

Took out three family SIMs, but due to signal issues, obtained STACs for them all and ended the contracts - all within a few days of receiving them and well within the cooling-off period. I’ve since received a bill for £105 - charged fees for ending the SIMs, which is incorrect.

I called CS who didn’t understand and raised a complaint. I’ve received a letter today saying the resolution is that ‘I need to pay’ - absolutely no way.

Thanks,

Paul

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's okay, I managed to resolve this using the text service just now.

Make sure you get a confirmation email at least, so you don't get a headache later on. 

Stranger things have happened and if possible make sure your credit rating not been affected by their mistakes.

Joe 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cheers, Joe.

Turns out with VM, if you use a STAC within the cooling off period, the ‘system’ calculates a leaving charge. Every other mobile provider would have generated a bill for £0… but not VM. 

seabarry that good all the best there.

Joe 

Thanks for your post and update, seabarry. Glad to hear this has been sorted for you. Let us know know if you need anything else. 

Cheers,

Corey C