cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge for data unknown

ParkerNicky
Tuning in

I pay for my elderly Mum and Dad's mobile bills and arrange their contracts due to them not being able to do so themselves.

I was 100% sure I always had a cap on their accounts as they both have years ago incurred costs unknowingly and don't understand how to use their phones (apart from receiving or making calls)

Unfortunately yesterday I realised my dad had been charged for extra charges on this bill. It was only £3, however on checking, he was charged £87 for data charges last month that he didn't know he was incurring. He has vision ssues and some other issues I dont want to say on here. He didn't even know his mobile data was on until we checked last month by chance.

He hasn't done this in many years. I dont understand how his cap was removed and how he was allowed to spend so much without someone getting in touch or stop the spend

He is extremely upset now he knows what he's done. Who can I speak to about this please?

1 REPLY 1

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello ParkerNicky

We're sorry to hear of the data charges on your fathers account, we can understand the confusion given the care taken to ensure these kind of charges are avoided. 

Do you know if any changes have been made in regards to the account or SIM card? Sometimes if a new SIM card is issued or required this can reset some of the settings at the network level. Do you have access to the online account for your fathers mobile account? Have you been able to check if anything has been changed? You can view the spend cap there also.

Please let us know as we're eager to look into this further and assist to ensure this doesn't happen in the future.

Rob