cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Number

braysmum
Joining in

This phone is for my 14 year old son who is receiving calls from mobile numbers that he doesn't know and they cut off if you ring them back.  He blocks them and then he gets new numbers calling.  I don't know if his number has been 'ghosted' by someone but he's getting quite anxious.  Can I change the number please.

6 REPLIES 6

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @braysmum,

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear your son has been experiencing this with strange calls. We can understand your concern. Just to clarify, what are the calls regarding? Are they from the same numbers? How often does he get these calls,

Please get back to us when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Morning

Thank you for your prompt reply.  He doesn't answer the calls.  They are all different numbers.  I tried ringing a couple of them back when he got home from school last night and they just cut out.  I blocked several for him last night that he had yesterday.  I've also added his number to TPS.

Thank you for letting us know @braysmum.

Has his number been given out in any way? When did these calls start taking place? Also, have you seen any changes since adding his number to TPS www.tpsonline.org.uk? You may also find the following link useful https://www.virginmedia.com/help/fraudulent-calls

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

He doesn't give his number out. They started about a week ago. I only added his number last week so i suppose it's a bit early to tell yet if TPS will work but there's been no change yet. Thank you for the link. Can we sort out a new number for him please.

Thank you for your response. 

No problem at all @braysmum. I will send you a private message to further look into this. Please look out for the purple envelope and provide a response when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Thank you for letting me know @braysmum.

You can reach our mobile team on 0345 600 0789 and our cable team on 0345 454 1111.

Please let me know how the call goes with our team and if you need any further help. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team