cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Mobile Number

Keenzo
Up to speed

Ive gone through a load of rubbish trying to get this sorted so thought i might try posting here to see if it can actually be sorted.

I took out a contract for my son who moved out so i got the sim back, I have contacted "customer Services" to try and get the sim cancelled and instead they cancelled my number and sim, eventually got that sorted and they tell me they cant cancel the sim as i have a phone connected to it.

fair enough so we now though we could give the sim to our younger son instead of paying for something that is not being used but due to an older teenager having the sim previously the calls and messages comming through are not suitable..

so can i get this number changed so that the sim that im paying monthly for can actually be used?

13 REPLIES 13

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Keenzo,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for your post, sorry to hear about your experience and that your number and Sim were cancelled in error and that you have been unable to cancel your Sons Contract due to it being part of a Phone package, I will be more than happy to help with the number change so you can let your younger Son use the Sim, this will require a new Sim which will be a different number, so I can arrange this I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks for the reply Paul, I have gave the details you asked for

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Keenzo,

Thank you for joining me in a private chat and for clearing security, as advised your number change request has been processed and will change within the next 72 hours, you can see this Via your Mobile Online Account once done, if you do need any further help in the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks Paul for sorting it so fast

You are very welcome, glad I was able to help, if you need to change the Tarif now your younger Son has it, you can do this by calling 789 on the Mobile and following the options to change the package, you may also want to add a spend limit, this can be done Via the Mobile Online Account.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks Paul that was all done already,

We have ran into a major issue with this now though, we set the phone up for him, I sent him a message and he replied to it. His mum sent a message which he replied to.

Then he sent a text message to his brother BUT when his brother tried to reply to his message it went to someone else. After an hour of back and forth it appears that the number you have given me is already in use by someone else on the virgin network.

It is not a typing mistake with the number as the original text was sent by my sons phone and i have checked the number is correct.

at this moment in time 2 people are using the same number and texts and calls are being mixed.

This needs fixed ASAP so can you change this number as a matter of priority and safety / security

Thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Keenzo, thanks for this reply and your update.

Sorry to see you're having further issues with this number, we'd love to best assist with this.

A number can only be assigned to one user/account, so it's quite odd to hear what you've said is happening above.

Please, could you advise are if when the SMS was sent you were using an iPhone to send a message back and if so, has it sent via iMessage or a normal text?

Share more on this and we're eager to help out.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Adri

no it was a samsung galaxy s6 and a galaxy A12 and was via normal text message, the other person has confirmed that the numbers are the same and currently assigned to 2 people

and i know its not common hence why when my 16 year old son told us he has been having an hour long conversation with a 26 year old using the exact number that i have just been given for my 10 year old son to use i am obviously not happy at all.

all i ask is that this number is changed ASAP as it is a matter of safety now that my children are having conversations with people they do not know and TBH shouldnt know. this persons messages and calls are coming through to my sons phone so for my sons safety please just change this number to avoid any further issues or escalation

Thanks

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Very sorry to hear this, Keenzo.

We do appreciate your concerns and the disturbance this may have caused, we'll do our best to help out.

Can you please kindly advise if it's clarified whether your son and the other user are both on the same network or other (mobile supplier)?

Cheers,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs