Menu
Bewildered1
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Changes to Pay as you GO

As a Pay as You Go customer I do not have a registered account. I was recently informed of the changes to the tariff and, as I only spend about £30-£50 a year it would be ridiculous for me to start paying £2 a day (£730 per year).

I received both a text and a letter giving me details of the changes. I think my address was available because I ordered a new sim card last year - otherwise I top up with coupons from the supermarket so have never needed to register for an account.

The last paragraph of the letter I received clearly states that I can call 789 to clam a refund if I want to leave because of this change. 

I texted 789 to get my PAC. This was sent very promptly but the text also stated that I can't claim a refund as I have chosen to leave! I have tried to phone and speak with Virgin today and they are insisting that I have to give them letters from my password before they an look into it. I have checked that I don't have an account by sending the requested information when attempting to log in and using the forgotten username and password facility. I get a message saying I'm not registered. I have not yet used my PAC so my Pay as You go account is still active.

Where do I go from here?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changes to Pay as you GO

Hi there @Bewildered1

Welcome to the forums and for your first post - sorry that there has been some confusion with the cancellation of your PAYG account. 

You have 30 days to request a refund on any unused credits on their account from the date of your letter.  We can only process refunds by card, we are not able to process refunds by cheque. There is no minimum amount, the system will allow you to process any value. We can also refund any balance even if you topped up using a voucher or ETU card.

If you're unregistered, our agents will need to register you before we can process the refund for you. You would need to supply us with card details in order for us to process the refund. 

Whilst we can't arrange the refund here if we don't have your card number, we can certainly look into setting up your account and arrange a call from a colleague to take any additional information if needed. 

I've sent you a Private Message so look out for the Purple Envelope and pop me a reply 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos