cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to O2

gawsi
Joining in

When my VM contract transfers to O2, will I still be able to use the VM app or will I have to replace it with an O2 app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey gawsi,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
You would need to use the O2 app for your mobile account but you can still use the 'My Virgin Media' app for your cable account.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey gawsi,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
You would need to use the O2 app for your mobile account but you can still use the 'My Virgin Media' app for your cable account.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you Steven.

Hi @gawsi

We're glad that's answered your query. Have a great day!

Regards,
Daniel

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

So we now have to have 2 different apps on our phones to do the same job as one did previously. 

VM technology at it's finest. 

Why make things easier, when with a bit of effort, you can make them more difficult?? 

Only VM have the answers....😖

Hi @HughJarsse, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear you feel this way 😔 Hopefully in time we'll be able to merge the two apps together.

Is there anything at all we can do to help you?

Regards,
Daniel

To be brutally honest Daniel_Et, seriously looking to move away from Virgin/O2 mobile, due to persistant and ongoing signal problems since VM moved from EE to Vodaphone, now O2. 

Each move has reduced my signal, to the point where it is more 'no signal' than 'good signal'

check out my previous posts : 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/poor-signal-since-O2-swap-over/td-p/5242321

despite resorting to purchasing a new phone, still having the same old problems, making things difficult if not able to access the services I pay for. 

3 phones, and the VM/O2 sim has problems with them all, whilst the '3' sim I have as spare service, gets full signal on all 3 phones, so it's not the phones. (and yes, I have had a replacement Sim) 

According to O2 signal checker it's supposed to be good 4G indoors and out, where I live (Bournemouth) and surrounding areas (Poole and Christchurch) where  I normally travel, BUT, the truth is, it's poor most places, though it sometimes gets 3G if I reset the Network Preferences.

As mentioned in the post mentioned, currently waiting for my move to O2 on 1st June, so cannot move yet, but once done, will move to '3' who also have 5G available here, which O2 don't.

Sadly, VM/O2 can no longer provide a decent service for the money they charge, so time to move on. 

Hi HughJarsse,

We are very sorry to hear you've been thinking of leaving us and for the coverage issues you've been experiencing. Whilst we appreciate the frustration caused by the lack of coverage in your area, we can only apologise for any inconvenience caused by this. We're always looking for ways to improve our services, so we value your feedback here and will be sure it's passed on back through the business.

Kind regards

Beth

I can’t agree with you more, I originally moved to virgin mobile for the ee network, I move from O2 as it was so unreliable, no signal or bad connection a lot of the time so I am seriously thinking of moving back to ee 

Hi ceilingman64,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, really sorry to hear you are not receiving the best Mobile connection, as you have advised you have been moved over to O2 you we would advise contacting them for further support.

Regards

Paul.