cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change phone number to new account

Ray_01402
Tuning in

My current sim is managed under an account owned by a family member. Is it possible for me to buy a new sim under my own account and transfer my existing number to the new sim?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Ray_01402,

Thank you for confirming those details in a private message.

To transfer the number to account in your name, you and the account holder will need to get in touch with us at the same time so we can arrange this for you as we would need to speak to both of you and complete account security on both accounts. Once the number has been transferred to your own account you will be able to speak to the mobile team about what available sim only deals we have available.

Unfortunately we're unable to upgrade or sells sims from this platform which is why you would be best to contact us on mobile customer service number - 0345 600 0789.

If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us on here and we will support you the best we can.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Ray_01402,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I will send you a private message now so we can discuss this further.

Please look out for a plum envelope at the top right of your screen.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Ray_01402,

Thank you for confirming those details in a private message.

To transfer the number to account in your name, you and the account holder will need to get in touch with us at the same time so we can arrange this for you as we would need to speak to both of you and complete account security on both accounts. Once the number has been transferred to your own account you will be able to speak to the mobile team about what available sim only deals we have available.

Unfortunately we're unable to upgrade or sells sims from this platform which is why you would be best to contact us on mobile customer service number - 0345 600 0789.

If you have any problems, please do not hesitate to reach back out to us on here and we will support you the best we can.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

To create my own account will I have to purchase the sim only deal first then transfer my number to the new sim

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Ray_01402,

We would need to move your number from the other account into your name, if you buy a new sim we would not be able to transfer the number to it as we can not port a virgin number to a virgin number.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

How will it be transferred into my name as I cannot create an account, does the virgin team create the account during the transfer process?

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ray_01402

Thanks for getting back to us. 

To explain the process: we will need to do a transfer of ownership with the current account holder, pass dpa with them, and then put it in the 3rd partys name. Once this is done you will need to upgrade the number via a credit check.

Hope this helps 🙂

Kind regards,

Serena

Thanks for the explanation

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Happy to help @Ray_01402 🙂

If there's anything else you need please do let us know.

Kind regards,

Serena