cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of signal quality

Ryan09
Joining in

Hi,

Over the last few weeks I've noticed my Virgin mobile signal within my house and mile or so radius has dropped to the point I can't make calls and have no Internet access. Once outside that area it's fine and I have 4g, which I'd imagine means my device is fine.

Previously the signal was fine. Any ideas as to why this has happened and whether I can expect this to improve any time soon?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OFCOM indoor coverage for your postcode. Looks like a bit of a not spot.

Screenshot_20220303-161356_Chrome.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Ryan09

Thank you so much for your first post to our community forums and welcome to the team! 

I'm so sorry to hear that your phone service has been effected! 

Have you been able to check for service signals in your area with your provider? You can do this here for EE or here for Vodafone. 

Thank you

I'm on Virgin mobile. I couldn't get the coverage checker to work initially but since have and I'm apparently in a low signal area. I cannot believe I was previously as have never had any issues before, and I was never told there was a change or that my signal strength would be low. I've been with Virgin mobile for a while now and never had this issue before.

For reference my postcode is RM16 2DU.

Thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Not good news for that postcode 

Screenshot_20220303-161056_Chrome.jpg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OFCOM indoor coverage for your postcode. Looks like a bit of a not spot.

Screenshot_20220303-161356_Chrome.jpg

That is horrific. I'm messaging the Virgin media team at the moment and they've said work is being done on both the 3g and 4g masts in my area. But that leaves me with literally no Internet or signal unless I'm on WiFi.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is one mast down but a bit distant from you.

Those figures from Vodafone and OFCOM are when everything is working perfectly. The map shows you are in the middle of a poor reception area.

Is there any way of finding out if this is a new and / or permanent situation? We've had our WiFi go down before and relied on 4g, so I know we've previously had a decent signal.

Thanks for your help though.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You would have been on EE, Virgin's old signal provider, you will now be on Vodafone, so unless that mast is causing problems, I would say permanent.

Thanks for updating us @Ryan09 and I'm sorry to hear that.

I'd be happy to take a closer look into this all with you, I will send you a PM now so we can do so. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message.

Thank you.