Menu
cspara
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Change of ownership mobile number

Hi all, 

I have two (Virgin) pay monthly mobile accounts registered at my name, one for me and one for my partner. I would like to transfer the onership of the second account to my partner, so that she can link it to her bank account. How can I do it?

Many thanks, 

Carlo

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Change of ownership mobile number

Hi Cspara, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Do you know if you're currently in contract on the number you want to transfer to your partner?

If you are within contract then sadly we won't be able to change the name of the account holder until the end, this is because we'll need to change the number to PAYG, put it in your partners name and then do a credit check on your partner before changing it back to Pay Monthly. 

If the number is out of contract then this is something we can do now, but if the credit check isn't passed with your partners details then the number would remain PAYG or we'd need to change it back to your name. 

Let me know what you think. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
cspara
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma_C, The number I'd like to transfer to my partner is on a monthly contract . However, we are fine to change it to pay as you go, transfer the ownership, and select a monthly contract (or get the oroginal one back, if possible). We understand that Virgin will have to run a credit check on my partner's bank account, that's fine. So, what should we do to start the process? Best, C
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'd need to check that the number ins't within a contract first, so I'll pop you a personal message and we'll take things from there. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos