cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change from EE to Vodaphone - poor signa

Eric_T
Knows their stuff

My account has just been swapped from EE to Vodaphone. My house seems to be in an area with poor Vodaphone coverage. I expect to have an unreliable phone service. I was expecting a problem - I bought a cheap Vodaphone SIM to test coverage and it did not look promising. Being prepared, I now have test figures from before and after the change, and also a test with a Giffgaff SIM in the same phone.

CellInfo.jpegWith EE I had full level in the Android indicator which dropped to 2/5 on Vodaphone. Although not up to the EE level in measurements, O2 was also considered full level by Android. It is a little odd - the O2 and Vodaphone masts are co-located. I think the O2 one may be higher and gets over the intervening hill crest better, but I am surprised there is much difference. EE and Three have another location on a hill that is not obstructed from my house.

It would be nice if I could be swapped to O2 instead of Vodaphone but I guess that might take 5 years, so I may just have to abandon Virgin Media if phone calls are now poor quality. I have checked the network data speeds and they are OK for my use, and even if they were poor it would not matter when I am at home as the phone would use the WiFi.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions for increasing the signal in my house?

Eric

10 REPLIES 10

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bures wrote:

Since the switch my signal has virtually dropped to zero, so I am unable to make/recieve calls
Switching to EE which has a mast in our village
When I spoke to Customer Service yesterday they told me that If I was to go on a better mobile package the problem would be cured - Really !

Anything to make a sale. Problem is it's a cheap outsourcing company that pays poor wages so the odd sales bonus does not go amiss.

If Vodafone are poor in your village then the only answer is a move to EE or one of their MVNOS, unless you are in the position to use WiFi Calling 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks