cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot text message

Jonfoster
Joining in

Cannot send text messages. Tried new SIM still not working, even in another phone, getting to the point of changing provider now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jonfoster

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having issues sending SMS. Is this to every number?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jonfoster

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having issues sending SMS. Is this to every number?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Yes to all numbers but can receive them

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to us @Jonfoster, are you able to call and use mobile data or are you having issues with those activities also?

Regards,

Steven_L

Jonfoster
Joining in

Yes can phone, use data, and picture message just not text messages

Thanks for the update @Jonfoster.

I can take a further look into this for you but would need to take some details via a private message, so that we can get passed account security and get the issues looked into further.

Please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details @Jonfoster.

I have located the issue, your text messaging service was set to read only, I have changed the setting back to send and receive and cannot find a reason why this had been done on your account.

Please can you reboot your handset and let me know if this is now working and allows you to send and receive messages.

Regards,

Steven_L

All working now. Thanks for your help 😃