cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send SMS or make calls in France

Timp65
Joining in

Hello,

I have come to France today and my phone only shows the name of a French network and won’t let me send SMS or make telephone calls. I can connect to Wi-Fi and occasionally have been able to connect to the web. I can’t contact Virgin Mobile as I need to reset my password and this can only be done via text. Has anyone got any suggestions please? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Timp65

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear the roaming isn't working. When you arrived did you receive a welcome SMS? 

What phone do you have please?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Timp65

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear the roaming isn't working. When you arrived did you receive a welcome SMS? 

What phone do you have please?

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hello. No I didn’t receive a welcome sms. The phone is an iPhone se(2020).

Ok thanks. I shall PM you now to assist further

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Thank you!

Hi @Timp65

Pop me the details requested and I'll help

Best

john

John_GS
Forum Team

Could the solution be posted here?

I have had problems previously (and just about to go to France so I'd like to avoid this issue again if possible)

Hi there @rkiley 

We are so sorry to hear that you have previously experienced this issue and thank you for popping back to the forums. 

We would advise reaching out to us once you are in France should this issue occur. 

Thank you