Menu
Highlighted
Kevinuk1
Tuning in
Message 11 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot receive calls or texts from EE

I’m also having the same issue, have rebooted phone, reset network settings, changed sim, checked smsc number is the correct one for my sim, still no different ???

Desperate for some help......

Don’t know if this helps but my problems have only happened since porting my number from Plusnet....

0 Kudos
rpatel2
Joining in
Message 12 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I'm also having this problem. Can't receive calls or texts from EE, T-mobile or Plusnet.

I recently ported my number from Plusnet to Virgin Mobile

0 Kudos
Moonarch9306
Tuning in
Message 13 of 33
Flag for a moderator

It seems like nothing is getting resolved here. I have just begun to experience the same problems.
In my particular circumstances, it only seems to effect incoming calls and texts from EE mobiles, other networks appear to be fine (touchwood). Outgoing texts to the EE mobiles are fine, if an EE mobile calls it goes straight to voicemail, but interestingly an EE voicemail, (I migrated from EE about 12 months ago), and a completely different message to that on my other Virgin number (which is working as it should)!! I have tried all the suggestions, switching down to G2/G3, have tried the sim in another (brand new) phone, power down etc, etc, the only thing I have not tried is Virgin Customer Service, having read the posts on other thread with same/similar issues was leaving that as a last resort.
Any help/advice would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi rpatel2,

Very sorry to hear you are having the same issue. Are you able to call people on these networks?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi Moonarch9306.

Very sorry to hear this is also affecting your services. 
When you say you have recently started having this trouble, has anything about your services changed when this first started i.e. received a new SIM?

Are you able to call an EE number and the call connect?

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 16 of 33
Flag for a moderator

@Moonarch9306 wrote:

It seems like nothing is getting resolved here. I have just begun to experience the same problems.
In my particular circumstances, it only seems to effect incoming calls and texts from EE mobiles, other networks appear to be fine (touchwood). Outgoing texts to the EE mobiles are fine, if an EE mobile calls it goes straight to voicemail, but interestingly an EE voicemail, (I migrated from EE about 12 months ago), and a completely different message to that on my other Virgin number (which is working as it should)!! I have tried all the suggestions, switching down to G2/G3, have tried the sim in another (brand new) phone, power down etc, etc, the only thing I have not tried is Virgin Customer Service, having read the posts on other thread with same/similar issues was leaving that as a last resort.
Any help/advice would be appreciated.

This will never be resolved by switching phones off/on, dropping down to 2G/3G etc - this is almost certainly being caused by core network routing data being corrupted. The poster is best off chasing Virgin CS to get this one resolved, they may well need to liaise with EE too.

0 Kudos
Moonarch9306
Tuning in
Message 17 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lindsey_c

The number I am having problem with was transferred from Orange/EE about 12 months ago and there have been no known issues or problems until about a week ago when it became apparent that a couple of contacts who are on EE were replying to text messages sent, but their replies were not coming through to my phone, those contacts have also tried phoning, and as I stated in my earlier post the call was diverting to a "welcome to EE voicemail".

Looks like I am going to have to bite the bullet and contact customer services

M.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 18 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Right I see. Have you noticed it at all on any other providers?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Moonarch9306
Tuning in
Message 19 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hello,
Just a quick update on the problems I have been encountering.

All now appears to be solved. It did take three calls to customer services, on the last one they raised a "ticket" for the technical people to solve the problem and two days later all is back to normal.

"japitts", thanks for your message, seems you were spot on.

Keep the faith,

Moonarch

Message 20 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Hi Moonarch9306,

Thanks for the update, I'm very glad to hear everything is resolved for you now.

If you need any help in future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos