cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive Amazon OTP codes

ruben3
Tuning in

Hello,

It looks like Virgin are blocking the transmission of OTP text messages and calls from Amazon to my mobile phone. Please can you fix this?

Regards

Ruben

8 REPLIES 8

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ruben,

Thank you for your post.

We are currently aware that some customers are unable to receive OTP text messages. We have created a thread for this issue here where we will be posting any updates.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused in the meantime

Beth

Beth

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A thread created 15 months ago!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Not happening to everyone though. I've never had one problem getting otp messages from Amazon, Santander etc.

On Amazon at least you can select the don't require otp on this browser option.

Not a fix I know.

Unfortunately I need an OTP code to disable OTP verification on Amazon. It won't let me select "Don't require OTP on this browser" without an OTP code.

Hello ruben3

I am more than happy to take a look at this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

just a "me too", I have had to get Amazon to remove the OTP protection from my account so that I can login, unfortunately, I still need the OTP as it's required for a seller account, to get around the non-receiving of the OTP I have had to add the google authenticator to my amazon account, this works, but you need to add it the next time you are able to login (after they remove the OTP requirement) don't log out otherwise you won't get back in again and you will have to start again with amazon.

Hello. I am having the same problem - not able to receive OTP’s from Amazon. Doesn’t work when my SIM is inserted in a different phone. Have tried resetting network settings, took out SIM, cleaned it and put back in phone. Still not working. Restarted phone, no success. Can receive OTP’s from Amazon on my spare PAYG phone which is on EE network. The problem would appears to be technical issue your end. Spoke to your customer service who confirm they are working on the problem. Pleas can you update all of is with this problem as soon as you can. Many thanks

Thanks for your post @Sharona45,

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner and I'll seek to take some details from you to pass back to our team to help us to get to the bottom of this issue

Kindest regards,

David_Bn