cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make phone calls

Jessicaovall
Joining in

I recently got a bought a new iPhone 13 and new sim-only deal with virgin. Ever since, I have not been able to make calls, but can still receive calls, use my data, and send and recieve texts. How can I fix this problem please?

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jessicaovall, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns.

Did you port your number over from another provider, or is this a new mobile number that you have?

I'd also recommend checking if the number you have is correct, can you access: Settings > Phone > My Number and see if this matches?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi, 

I was with Virgin previously to this, under my dad’s account and I am still using the same number as I was before. I just bought a new sim plan under my own new account, and yes the number in my settings matches.

Hi @Jessicaovall, thanks a lot for your confirmation of details.

We have refreshed some settings which should hopefully make this work now, so if you can kindly reboot your handset and let me know if this works please?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Yes this worked, thank you!

Fantastic news @Jessicaovall - thanks for taking the time to let us know and you're welcome!
Many thanks and take care.

Tom_W

i am having the same issue as jessica

Hi @Emz_17

Welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear you're having the same issue with your phone. 

I can see that you have you're own thread open on this issue and are in conversation with my colleague. Please direct all queries to them and they'll be able to assist you further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley