cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make out-going calls after account update.

GMoore99
Joining in

I recently changed over the named person on my account to me (it was my mother). Since then I have been unable to make out-going calls. Mobile data works fine and I am able to recieve texts and calls. I also cannot seem to login with the new email address I provided to the lady on the phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GMoore99,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your Mobile Service since changing the name on the account. When a new account is created during this process, a new Replacement SIM may be sent out. Unfortunately, this is unavoidable and can cause a temporary loss of service on your device. How recent was this change?

In addition, can you please confirm where you are attempting to sign-in using the email address? Are you also able to provide any screenshots of the error (censoring any personal information)?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @GMoore99,

Thanks for your post, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with your Mobile Service since changing the name on the account. When a new account is created during this process, a new Replacement SIM may be sent out. Unfortunately, this is unavoidable and can cause a temporary loss of service on your device. How recent was this change?

In addition, can you please confirm where you are attempting to sign-in using the email address? Are you also able to provide any screenshots of the error (censoring any personal information)?

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,

Thank you for the swift and clear advice!

Will I still be keeping the same mobile number?

I have also attached a screenshot below of the result I get when entering my details into 'forgot email and password'.

Thanks again!

vigin acc.PNG

Thank you @GMoore99 and yes the number will stay the same. 

I'm so sorry to see that you are facing these issue logging into My Virgin Mobile, I'm going to pop you a PM so we can take a closer look.

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of the screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thanks again.