cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make calls

suethemilliner
Joining in

Calls to my mobile get "The number you have dialled is temporarily unavailable". All calls out get " Calls to this number are barred from your phone".

Aeroplane mode turned on and off. Network settings have been reset. All other suggestions have been followed to no avail. No callers are barred.

Text messages can be sent and received - but , I suspect, only with wifi.

Help!!??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Has this SIM previously worked in this phone?   It sounds like either the SIM or the phone has been blocked.  Try the SIM in another phone. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Has this SIM previously worked in this phone?   It sounds like either the SIM or the phone has been blocked.  Try the SIM in another phone. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tried my wife's SIM in my phone and same result so this would indicate the SIM is blocked?? Thanks for your quick response- now all I have to do is take 100 Ibuprofen and contact Virgin.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@suethemilliner wrote:

Tried my wife's SIM in my phone and same result so this would indicate the SIM is blocked?? Thanks for your quick response- now all I have to do is take 100 Ibuprofen and contact Virgin.

Your wife's sim will have a completely different number to your own and won't have any bearing on if your sim is blocked.

Have you tried your sim in your wife's phone?

Unless her phone is locked to a different provider then your VM sim may work.

If it does work then it's an issue with your phone.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

My phone is an Apple SE2020. The provider is EE. My wife phone is an Apple SE. The provider is Virgin.

Still not completely clear. My phone (Apple SE2020...EE) is fine. My wife's phone (Apple SE....VM)tells me all calls are barred. I swap the SIM cards and now the reverse is true wife's phone OK mine not. The fault is with the VM SIM. With the VM SIM installed, neither phone displays a locked screen.

Hi @suethemilliner,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're facing some issues with the phone service recently. From what you've explained, it's your wife's SIM card with Virgin Mobile that is causing the issue?

To clarify, you're stating that you've already placed that SIM card into another handset (your own) and the issue with calls remains regardless of the handset that it's in?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello Zach

We spoke with Virgin this morning. Apparently we should have received an email warning us that the SIM was going to be deactivated unless we took certain actions . However we received no such email. The man (whose name sounded like JD ???) we spoke to was unsure of why the SIM had been deactivated but suggested it may be related to a change in the TV/Broadband/Landline package effected a few days ago however the only changes we know of were put into effect on the13/1/2022 and they were nothing to do with the mobile contract.

A replacement SIM has been offered but with a temporary number and not for about 14 days. This was not thought to be particularly helpful especially given that the issue has been produced by Virgin Media but before we were able to fully remonstrate the line went dead.

Regards

R F Smithson

Hello again Zach

Would it be possible to speed up the delivery of a replacement SIM to the 2 or 3 days that appears to be the average - with the correct number??

Thanks

R F Smithson

Hi @suethemilliner,

Thank you for expanding. I am really sorry to hear about all of this.

I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take a closer look at things. Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!