cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot login, forgotten password and cannot answer security question

JoppaGran
Joining in

I have been having trouble accessing my Virgin Mobile account.   Unfortunately I have forgotten my password and cannot answer the security question.   Is there some way you can reset my account and allow me to re-register.   JoppaGran

5 REPLIES 5

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JoppaGran,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues accessing your online Mobile account! I can understand how frustrating this can be!

I would be more than happy to look into this for you. However, before I can do this, can you please confirm if you have had access to your online account previously, and have registered for it before?

What error message can you see when you try to access your online account?

Please let us know, so we can help you resolve this issue.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Many thanks for responding Pauline_Z.   Indeed methinks that some time ago I must have registered this account before but it certainly has not been used for some time and thus I’ve forgotten both the password and the answer to the security question.

On attempting to login and then indicating I’ve forgotten the password, the system responds:   

“Forgotten Password?

Not a problem. Just pop in your registered email address and your Virgin Mobile number below and then follow the instructions to reset it.

Oops! That wasn't quite right.”

Please try again.

…. and then I’m stuck.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JoppaGran,

Thank you for coming back to me. I understand that this must be frustrating.

Are you able to try and register for an online Mobile account again to confirm if you have registered previously? You can try registering by accessing the link here: Virgin Mobile Online Account Registration.

Please let us know how you get on and if you see any errors, please let us know. 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

OK

When I try to register and get as far as trying the wrong password, I get the following;

”Don't know your password?

If you'd like to reset it, please give us a call on 789 from your Virgin Mobile phone or 0345 6000 789* from any other phone. *Please note standard charges apply. Please check with your network operator for rates.

To verify your account, please enter your password. This is a series of numbers and letters, that you created over the phone when your account was set up.”

Yesterday I did phone 789 for help with this but when I was unable to give three of the characters that form the correct answer to a security question…..unfortunately.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JoppaGran,

Thank you for coming back to me about this issue and trying he steps I have outlined. I think the next step would be to discuss this over Private Message, were we can see what we can do to help in regards to your memorable word and to your online account.

Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team