cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get voicemail to work abroad

Max111
Tuning in

Hi Everyone.

I cannot get voicemail to work here in Croatia. Every time I try to access voicemail I get 'call ended'.  I have voicemail turned on in my account settings, I also have international call barring disabled. I'm able to make and receive calls and data seems to work just fine. But every time I go to voicemail using '1' I get 'call ended'. I have tried also '222' which gives a nice little monologue all in Croatian before asking me to input my number which is then not recognised.

I have also restarted my phone, even switched it off and then back on again and even removed the sim card to clean it but nothing fixes the problem. What is happening? 

5 REPLIES 5

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Max111

Sorry to hear of the mobile issues experienced in Croatia regarding your voicemail, we appreciate the confusion this can cause and would like to welcome you to the forums.

From what you have advised in regards to the services available to you it appears Roaming is set up on your account. When trying to check/access your voicemails does it ask you for a PIN number at all?

More details on using your handset abroad can be found here

Rob

Hi Rob.

Thanks for the reply. When I press '1' to enter voicemail the phone momentarily enters 'voicemail calling' mode, it is in this mode for barely one second, then it emits an audible beep and the message 'call ended' appears. It does this every time. At no point do I get far enough in the voicemail process to enter a pin. Very frustrating. 

Thanks for letting me know Max111, when you do a manual network search on the device, do other networks show as available?

If so, can you try it one of the other networks available please? Also check if the other services such as calls, texts and data work on that network also

Rob

It's fixed! Phew. 

A manual search presented around 8 potential networks, the first did not work, the second connected. Calls and data seem to be working just fine along with voicemail. Although I did have the hassle of having to call customer services for a new pin number for voicemail but everything seems fine now. Thank-you. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Glad to hear that you have managed to get this resolved Max111. 

If we are able to assist you further then please do let us know. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M