cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get a spending cap to stay set. Keep being charged extra.

RJM4
Joining in

I have two SIMs on my account. The first is for myself, the second is for my son's mobile.

I had no issues changing my own sim cap to £3.

I have repeatedly tried to change my son's sim cap to £3 but it keeps saying this will come into effect at the next billing date and then resetting to unlimited. It's costing me an absolute fortune in overcharges.

Dialling 789 and going through the automated phone system is useless. The messages lead you to believe you can do something about your spending cap but when you get far enough into the automatic system the option just disappears and all it will let you do is make a payment.

How do I get to speak to a human being? I need the cap on the second SIM altered urgently. It's wasted over £150 already. If he didn't need it for safeguarding issues travelling to and from school I'd just confiscate the phone. There doesn't seem to be any customer service email addresses on the website any more.

1 REPLY 1

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi RJM4, thanks for posting. 

Sorry to hear you've had issues with a spending cap. I understand that they can't be changed while there's an outstanding balance on the account, I'm unsure why it wouldn't work otherwise but would be happy to take a closer look into it for you - please get back to me via PM (the purple envelope icon) and we'll take it from there.

Tom