cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate sim card

Tc11
Tuning in

Hi there,

I have a second sim card for my husband on our account which we have tried to activate today but no luck. We have followed all the instructions but still getting the error message that the iPhone could not be activated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TC11, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message and passing data protection. 

I have checked the account today and it looks as though the SIM is already activated. Can you please reboot the device and see if things are resolved?

If not, pop back to me here and let me know the error message you are getting so we can look further at this for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Tc11, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having an issue with getting your SIM/iPhone activated. 

Is the account in your name or your husbands? If yours, we can take a look at this further for you so I have sent you a private message regarding this. Once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

If it's in your husbands name, you'll need to get him to contact us directly. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TC11, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message and passing data protection. 

I have checked the account today and it looks as though the SIM is already activated. Can you please reboot the device and see if things are resolved?

If not, pop back to me here and let me know the error message you are getting so we can look further at this for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath,
Just rebooted and still not working I'm afraid. The same error message "iPhone is not activated contact your network provider if this problem continues to occur" is still coming up.
Thanks
Trina

Hi Trina,

Thanks so much for coming back to me on this.

With the iPhone, can you confirm you've been able to use another SIM in this successfully?

Can you also let me know via PM what the last 5 digits of the SIM serial number that you're using in the iPhone?

Do you recall having received more than one SIM card for this number? 

To send me a private message just click on my name and once my profile loads there should be a send message option at the top right hand side 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Tc11, 

Thanks so much for doing that for me. It looks as though you are using an older SIM. We had sent out a replacement but as you were trying to activate the old one, I am assuming you've either not received this or it's sitting somewhere with some other unopened mail 😄 

I've arranged for a new SIM to be sent out to you and you should get this at some point in the next few days. When you receive it, pop it in the iPhone and activate as normal. 

Please let us know how it goes 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Amazing, thanks so much Kath for all your help! 🙂

Hi Tc11, 

That's no problem at all. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Tc11, 

Thanks for sticking with me via private message on this one. 

Taking a look at things today I can see the SIM was still pending activation. I have activated this for you at this end now. 

Please reboot the device with the SIM in and let me know how that goes. 

Fingers crossed all starts to work 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks @Kath_F - all fixed now!!! 🙂 Thanks SO much for all your help - much appreciated! Have a great weekend!