cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access hot spots on my mobile

browar
Tuning in
  • Cannot connect to the hot spots when I'm out and about used to do it with my old phone
24 REPLIES 24

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@browar wrote:

Using android OppoA16S

That comes with Android 11

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @browar

Thanks for the reply!

The android help page can be found here - my apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Been on to Oppo still no further forward been into EE shop still can't access virgin hot spots tried yesterday in the town centre still wouldn't  let me in 

cje85
Trouble shooter

Virgin hotspots don't work with Android 11 onwards, so most modern Android phones (including yours) are now unable to use this feature.

Thanks for that I now know where I stand Virgin OppO EE support couldn't help me 

Hi @browar,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our forums. I'm really sorry to hear you're having some problems with the Connect app recently.

What happens exactly when you attempt to connect? Does an error message appear?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

No error message at all I used to visit a man's house when I was working who didn't have the Internet it clicked on to her neighbour who had virgin media Internet 

Hi @browar,

Can you clarify exactly what happens when you try to connect to a hotspot? What steps do you take, and at what step do you have an issue?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It won't work until they update the Virgin Connect App. Won't work for me on Samsung 20+ on Android 12.

Anything higher than Android 10 and you are sunk

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It always clicked on to hotshots without touching anything on my old phone nothing happens i look at hot spot map and make my way to it nothing happens