Menu
grjacob
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cannot access 'Payments', 'Usage', or 'Account overview' when logged in

TL;DR: I can't see my bills and other important pages. This looks like a bug, perhaps affecting very old mobile accounts.

I can log in to 'Mobile Your Account', but I cannot see my bills, usage, payment settings and other vital information.

When I log in, I can see the 'My Profile' page. However, when I open the menu and attempt to navigate to the pages 'Overview', 'Recent Usage' or 'Payments', I get the error message 'Oops, something's gone wrong!'. This a long-term issue that I have encountered in the past. I have tried in multiple browsers and I'm pretty sure the problem is not at my end.

The online support pages are not helpful for this problem. I would have submitted an issue/complaint there, but I can't because it requires a 'My Virgin Media' account for that, not a 'Mobile Your Account' account. (I tried to register for a Virgin Media account, but it won't accept my mobile account number.) So, it appears that Virgin does not provide a way for mobile customers to submit issues and complaints, which isn't great.

Background: This is a very old mobile account, created around 2004. I was young at the time and it was in my Mother's name. My current contract was set up in 2017 and they did try to update everything to be in my name, with all my details...

In the emails notifying me about new bills, my name is shown correctly as the account holder. However, when I log in to the website, it shows my Mother's name and date of birth! So clearly there is both new data and some old data being used, not being updated. On the 'My Profile' page (one of the few pages I can access) it is possible to update most fields, but not the name or date of birth.

The name and DoB issue isn't much of a problem for me, but it shows that my account has corrupt, or at least inconsistent, data associated with it. I would guess that this is related and might be causing the bigger problem: that key parts of the online account don't work for me.

I've been hoping for a while that Virgin will notice and fix this issue. I'm overdue a fresh contract really, so if they don't solve it, I'll just switch to a different provider.

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot access 'Payments', 'Usage', or 'Account overview' when logged in

Hi grjacob, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

It doesn't sound that much of an issue and I can explain why. The account would have been registered on x email address and registered to that account. All we would need to do is delete the account for you to then register again/create an account. 

I will send you a private message so we can do this, It's not a major issue at all. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos