cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling airtime

Vikster1982
Tuning in

Is there any way of giving notice to cancel a mobile contract without ringing?

Phone agreement last payment is due on 15th so will need to give notice on the 15th as sim is no longer used.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to clear things up regarding STAC codes. Once received from Virgin give it to your new supplier. Once they inform you it has been applied your Virgin account will close. If you don’t give the STAC to anybody nothing will happen and it will expire after 30 days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Vikster1982, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're wanting to cancel your SIM with us. 

You can view more information on how to cancel here: How do I cancel my Virgin Mobile contract?

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have had a look at this and I think I understand that because I dont wish to take the number anywhere else and just cancel I request a stac number. But then what do I do with this number. 

Hi Vikster1982,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly.

If you no longer want to keep the number then once the contract ends, the number will become inactive. 

Hope that helps to clarify things. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

So am i right in thinking that if I request stac number that should end contract when it comes to an end. With no other bills being processed after my bill is paid on 15th of this month.

Hi Vikster1982, 

That's correct 🙂 You'll be billed up til the date the contract cancels. Following that a final bill will be generated and that will tell you if you owe us anything or if we owe you. If the latter, you would receive a cheque in the post within 35 days. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to clear things up regarding STAC codes. Once received from Virgin give it to your new supplier. Once they inform you it has been applied your Virgin account will close. If you don’t give the STAC to anybody nothing will happen and it will expire after 30 days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

So this is no good to me as I'm not taking services anywhere else either.

Thank you for clearing that up.

So do you know if there is anyway of cancelling without having to sit on the phone to them for god knows how long

Thank you

The person below has said stac is to give to new service provider. I will not be using a new one but also do not need the service from virgin mobile anymore as this sim has not been in use for a very long time

So do you know if there is any way of given the 30 days notice without having to sit on the phone to them. 

Thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you know anyone with a none Virgin mobile. They can apply it to their phone. Nothing will happen to their account when you do.

I applied one for a friend to mine last year.