Menu
Kittykat2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancel sim only contract

Hi need to cancel one of my children's sim only accounts which is through my mobile account. does anyone know the quickest and easiest way to do this please? Im only wanting to keep mine and my sons accounts active as I've managed to upgrade to a better sim only deal for both of these but have got absolutely nowhere with changing my daughters and after virgin falsely promising many call backs which never came I've had enough (for this one anyway) unable to add a spending cap and with only 2gb my teenage daughter is constantly going over the data usage limit so its costing a small fortune and with what I'm now paying i could probably have her on an unlimited data sim only deal!!! But i can't change her plan because of virgin giving us an old sim?! So id just like to cancel this account on her number ! Rant over Smiley Happy any help would id be massively thankful. I'm getting nowhere ringing virgin and beleive me ive been extremely persistent and nothings been done at all. So cancel i must. Thanks everyone Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel sim only contract

Sadly, ringing is the only option untill July, and some are good at making things as hard as possible for you 😡

Make sure you take the "thinking of leaving" option, demand they give you the PAC code for that SIM/number, by law, it's give you it there and then over the phone or within 2 hours by text.  A PAC code lasts for 30 days and when you use it will cancel that SIM.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Kittykat2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks teabag! I didn't realise about the pac code im going to ring them now. Yes you're right and i get thet impression that they are enjoying making it difficult! I've lost count of the calls ive made and also waited to receive from them. It puts me off ringing when i know I've struggled to get anywhere with them each time but i keep paying! Will post again and update how i get on. Verin was the last one to promise a call back.. probably a fake name anyway ( oh dear I'm becoming slightly paranoid!) Thanks again Smiley Very Happy
Kittykat2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok i called them and didn't end up getting the pac code because Dana offered me instead one of the flash sale packages with 15bg data for 13 pounds a month.. so i went for this.. she's going to call me Smiley Happy tomorrow at 11.45 am to change it over because the flash sale starts at midnight tonight. Will update!!
0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Edited

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Fingers crossed you get the call back as promised 🤔

0 Kudos