Menu
Nickcl
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancel monthly contract

Hi, I signed up to virgin mobile after checking the coverage in my location - excellent. Unfortunately, this was wrong, I have no signal at home. After waiting 30 mins for an answer from the help desk, I asked for the contract to be cancelled without a termination fee as I was within the 14 day cooling off period. The agent advised me that this would be ok. I asked for confirmation of this and I was put on hold for another 10 minutes. The agent then told me she had confirmed no termination fee and rang off. A text then came through with the following:

‘Your PAC is [removed] and expires on 27/08/2019. If you switch today, your early disconnection fee for the numbers you've selected will be £30.48. This doesn't include your plan charges, out of plan usage or outstanding bills. Don't forget that if you have an outstanding balance, it will still need to be paid. For more info, head to virginmobile.co.uk/youraccount.’

Please advise!

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Nickcl
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel monthly contract

Thanks for the edit!
I have finally managed to get a reply from the text based help team, who have confirmed that the text I received was automated and there will be no termination fee.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancel monthly contract

Glad to hear you got that sorted out Nickcl

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos