Menu
Highlighted
Darkboy24
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cancel Virgin mobile

Been with virgin mobile for a few years now, after trying for the last (2) years to upgrade

my Samsung s4, which has become outdated, so I tried on the virgin media homepage to upgrade my self, which after spending a bit of time reading up on the s8 for £27 per month, omg I thought what a brilliant deal.

So i filled in all relevant details and submitted the completed requested page, waited for the phone call 3 days later!! ONLY to be spoken to by someone not from the UK, who rudely tried to get me to upgrade to a £48 per month package.

I was told the Samsung s8 was no longer a deal, but she would run a credit search to see if I could get it for another monthly deal, I was told I had passed the credit score and I would be yet again be contacted.

Unfortunately I had to phone back after not receiving a call, i had *had* enough at this point after been a loyal customer (never) missed a bill payment, utterly disgusted with how I have been treated I asked for my account to be cancelled, the person I was talking with had no sympathy towards me, so yes maybe I have cut off my nose to spite my face, as I am left with out a mobile, but i would rather face this than be treated badly. 

0 Kudos
Les01889
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancel Virgin mobile

I've upgraded a few times over the last couple of years & changed airtime contracts in that time. I've always done it via "my account" in the virgin account hub. Every time I've done it online & have never had to  deal with anyone else by telephone. 

Have you tried it this way? It was very easy & straightforward, the worst part was setting up the account in the "account hub" in the first place. They were having problems at the time but it's sorted now. 

Id recommend you give it a try. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Darkboy, thank you for your post.

I'm sorry that this has been the service you have received.

If you need any further help from us please do let us know.

Nathan B

Darkboy24
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks les for the helpful reply, unfortunately as you can view from the date of me opening this post, i have decided to close

my virgin mobile account, if i had known about the hints you say i mite have tried upgrading that way, instead of going throw customer care

for me dealing with customer care has been a nightmare, can you believe one actually told me i had been refused by my bank, it's been a very bad experience

for me, what annoys me worse i have NEVER missed paying a bill since opening my account from 2016.

I have now moved to Vodafone net work, but i will never/never give up using virgin broadband, again it's a shame i had to close

my virgin account, but i could not go on like this been undervalued, thanks again les for your help..  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Darkboy24
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ch33rs Nathan but it's too late now.

*I'm sorry that this has been the service you have received*

Nathan not been funny here, but when I spoke to someone from the UK
I had no problem, but as soon as someone takes over from say India or Thailand
this is were virgin mobile lets it's self down when dealing with customers you cannot be
reading from a script...
0 Kudos
Les01889
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've got to agree with you there Darkboy. I've recently had problems with my TV service & had really terrible service from non U.K. Service staff. It took ages hanging on the phone waiting to be answered & passed from department to department. After 4 calls dealing with non U.K. I eventually was answered by a Welsh(?) service agent & everything was sorted in less than 10 minutes. Even the guy I dealt with couldn't work out some of the details that previous agents had put on " the system". The non U.K. Call centre only seems capable of working from a script & anything that deviates is just beyond their capabilities.

I've been with Virgin for many years & if that experience could easily have made me cancel all my services. I know it's much cheaper to use non U.K. Call centres but as a customer I have to wonder whether Virgin is really bothered about us customers or is the balance sheet figures the only priority. 

0 Kudos
Darkboy24
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Buddy what you wrote is very true.

* I have to wonder whether Virgin is really bothered about us customers or is the balance sheet figures the only priority*

Don't know if you can remember cable&wireless /NTL this was once a great company
back then, yes NTL was taken over by the virgin network and a great job Sir Richard Branson, I really respect that guy!! he built his business from scratch & then flogged it to the Amercian.

Like everything it's all about the bank balance, so having call centers all over the globe means
nothing to the new owner(s) of (virgin) as long as their broadband does not change I will remain with
them.

Any way les01889 good luck fingers crossed one-day virgin mobile will improve and I may come back
right now sadly not for me.
0 Kudos