cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you transfer a seperate Virgin Mobile account into the Volt bundle

archercj
Fibre optic

We have Volt within our household and as part of this I use the O2 sim that was with the Volt package in my own personal phone.

My wife currently has a totally seperate Virgin mobile contract in her personal phone.

Is it possible to transfer her account into the Volt bundle?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All Virgin Mobile plans will be moved to O2 this year. When they do they will become eligible for Volt benefits, as that applies to all O2 plans in a household with Virgin Media cable services.

There will be full notification before that's done, but you can move her number via a PAC to an O2 plan before it's moved over by Virgin Media O2.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All Virgin Mobile plans will be moved to O2 this year. When they do they will become eligible for Volt benefits, as that applies to all O2 plans in a household with Virgin Media cable services.

There will be full notification before that's done, but you can move her number via a PAC to an O2 plan before it's moved over by Virgin Media O2.

Moving via PAC - would that incur a financial penalty as it is mid contract?

Hi @archercj 

Thanks for your response

This should not incur a financial penalty as you're only moving your number from O2 to us. Please do keep me updated if you see any charges applied and I'll ensure to have those removed although you should not see any at all 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it's a SIM only plan that's got a minimum term over months, then yes. If it's a SIM connected to a Freestyle handsets, then probably not - Freestyle SIMs are 30 days even where the handset loan has a multi-month term.

When Virgin Mobile move the plans over to O2, then that'll be a different situation as it won't trigger any additional costs - some details about what'll happen are here, but remember each customer will be specifically notified before it happens https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/your-move-to-o2